Thursday, May 16, 2013

An Introduction to Chi Running

My good friend Jeremy needed some guinea pigs. He's about to become certified as a Chi running instructor and was looking to practice coaching the technique, so I happily said yes when he asked if I'd be interested.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I did it more to help him out, but walked away with a lot of information that has the wheels turning in my head. It all just seemed incredibly logical.

I'll continue to experiment with what I learned for sure. It's not easy and requires practice, but at the same time it seems quite natural, as contradictory as that sounds.

Oh yeah. This was my first real road run since Boston.

Ran 2.5 miles @ 8:44/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: