Saturday, May 11, 2013

Taper Time

Got in a solid long run today. Very pleased with how I've handled the running post-Boston. Only have six weeks between that race and my 50-miler at Pineland in another two weeks, and I don't think I could have done it much better. Fine line between doing too much and not letting the legs go stale in just a pretty short amount of time. I feel like I've walked it well.

Run was fun. Very humid out but I didn't mind. The overcast skies and lack of bugs helped big time in making it more than tolerable.

So, two week taper in place now. Will play it by ear but am putting the emphasis on rest. Would rather do too little than too much at this point; the two long runs over the past two weekends are enough insurance.

Ran 21.3 miles @ 9:35/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower to upper 60s, overcast, very humid.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, long sleeved shirt, Nathan double water belt (diluted Gatorade).

No comments: