Saturday, December 22, 2012

Good Samaritan Run?

This whole week, running has seemingly been a struggle. Both in my head and in my legs. I haven't felt very motivated and whenever I ran, my legs felt like they were in a gravity containment field with the juice turned up.

Today was much better, and gave me hope. I've had a lot of rest this week. As a result, the legs felt very peppy and up to whatever I threw at them today. However, time is not on my side and the run was very short. Encouraging though, and hopefully I can give the legs a beat down tomorrow up in Bangor.

But the bigger news was the wallet I found on the trails. There was a good amount of cash and credit cards inside, leading me to believe it wasn't stolen, simply lost. I carried it with me for the rest of my run and called the guy when I got home. He was from Massachusetts, and no longer in the area. Truth to be told, he didn't sound very thrilled, overjoyed or relieved when I called, which was weird. I know I would have been ecstatic. Whatever, maybe he was just having a bad morning. Regardless, he'll have his wallet (and everything in it) in the mail today.

Ran 3.0 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, partly sunny.
New Balance MT110, shorts, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Good on you mate, no matter if the guy sounded thrilled or not!

Scout said...

:D He probably was cautious cause he didn't expect someone to actually be that nice :D

Sparkplug said...

With the weather we've been having this week, I've had trouble getting motivated too. Hopefully we'll get snow soon and that will help!

As for the wallet, hurray for you for picking it up and actually calling to return it. I'd call that a good deed! I think I'm with Valerie - he was probably just being a bit cautious... hope so, anyway!

Merry Christmas to you and Kate! Enjoy your time off!!