Thursday, October 13, 2011

MDI Marathon Goals

Before I list my goals, it's definitely worth noting that I'm feeling very little pressure for Sunday's race. Last year, it was BQ or die. This year? Well, let's just run it fast and smart and see what happens. Don't get me wrong... I'm anxious and ready to race, but at the same time I feel pretty relaxed. I've broken it down a little more specifically than that and here's what it comes down to (hardest goal first with back-up/other goals in place):

A) Break 3:10. It would be cool to be a 3:0X:XX marathon runner. Not as cool as a sub-three hour marathoner, but first things first. 

B) PR. My best time is 3:12:41 set at Boston last year. 

C) Break last year's MDI Marathon time of 3:14:33.

D) I'm already in the 2012 Boston Marathon, but if I break 3:15:00, I would qualify for the 2013 Boston Marathon under the new standards (I'll be 40 then). However, I'll have another chance to qualify at Boston this April if it doesn't work out. 

E) Finish. 

There ya have it. I also ran today. Just a little over three miles in the mist. Rather pleasant running conditions and it was quite enjoyable. Taking a rest day tomorrow. Short run on Saturday and then it's race time!!!

Ran 3.4 miles @ 7:40/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Slightly hilly. 
Upper 50s, overcast, misting. 
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, long sleeved shirt, cap.  

6 comments:

Trevor said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. I'm going for your e) goal this time around.

Steve Pero said...

Good luck, Jamie...you're gonna rock it going into it so relaxed.

Grellan said...

All the best at MDI Jamie. Looking good for Plan A.

Jeremy Bonnett said...

You got it man, good luck.

AB said...

Have fun tomorrow Jamie! Seems like you're right on track! I have been following your posts for the last month or so and just got a copy of your book. I am looking forward to sitting down with it (training for my first Boston).
-AB
(annabellewinters.wordpress.com)

Trail Boy said...

Run well. Have fun!