Sunday, October 09, 2011

Elk Farm Loop

The final double digit run of the taper was on tap for today. However, there were some obstacles to work with. I was out late with the Trail Monsters last night celebrating some recent successes and was feeling the effects of that upon waking up. I spent the morning watching the Chicago Marathon (Mosop is a beast) and sipping coffee before finally heading out the door.

By then, it had already warmed up significantly, which just added to the unpleasantness. However, by the time I climbed the ridge up to the elk farm I had downed most of my water and was starting to feel better. Enjoyed the descent and relatively flat few miles back home. All things considered, not a bad little run, though I probably should have taken it slower.

Ran 11.3 miles @ 7:40/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s to lower 80s (yuck), sunny.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, cap, handheld bottle (water).

No comments: