Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good End to the Week

Recovery run this morning to keep the legs loose, but truth is I was feeling just fine. Feels like I ran 10 miles yesterday, not a marathon. Trails will do that for you. And though less impact on the body, it was still good strength training in a way... no doubt the legs push more on the snow than they do on the roads.

This marks the third consecutive 60+ mile week, which I'm quite pleased with. Didn't think I was going to get it this week because of the two rest days, but it all came together here over the weekend. Quality workouts during this stretch and this training cycle as a whole as well, so I'm feeling pretty confident about Boston.

That all being said, I'm still planning a step-down week next week. Shooting for 40-45 miles. This should serve two purposes: give the body a bit of a break and also allow a mini-taper for the Mid-Winter (Late-Winter?) 10-Mile Classic a week from today. Would really like to crank it for that race.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:21/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (didn't feel like dealing with the strap)
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower to mid 20s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 11, long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

DvB said...

Hey Jaime! Glad you had a good run today. I'm so excited about Boston for you. I know you've done it several times before, but competitive running is new for me, so I'm enjoying following your blog:-D Good luck!

Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks Davina, much appreciated! But just to clarify, this is my first time running Boston, which is why I'm probably a bit over-excited at times. :-)

DvB said...

Oh! Dang, I must be thinking about someone else. Since I've started my blog, I have been looking at a bunch of other runners' blogs...aaahh they're all running together LOL. Well, in that case, I am extra excited for you...congratulations on qualifying, that is quite an accomplishment in itself:-)