Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Garmin Premium Heart Rate Strap Frustrations

I'll start off with a rant and get it out of the way: The Garmin Premium HR strap is garbage. For me, wetting both sides sometimes works, but not always. Today I tried aloe gel to increase the contacts but still the same problem, which is very erratic readings the first few miles. It sucks not having consistant, reliable data. I'm now officially convinced this thing is just crap. I'm going to try to find my old strap and just use that one for now on.

Okay, rant over. That aside, today's run went pretty well overall. Legs felt a little tired and heavy at first, but better after a few miles and I was warmed up. Not much else to report. Looking forward to a bit of a warm-up which starts again tomorrow. Might be able to run in shorts!

Ran 8.3 miles @ 7:46/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - See above.
Paved roads, patches of ice and snow.
Very hilly.
Lower 20s, breezy, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara, long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

The shirt may matter - some shirts have more static than others. That said, I had erratic readings this summer while running shirtless. Since wetting both sides, I've had really good luck.