Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hitting the Hills

Didn't feel particularly energetic all day today, so I knew I wouldn't be that fast for my afternoon run. However, still a good pace given the hills on this route. Was kind of surprised the pace was what it was, as I didn't feel warmed up until about five miles into the run, so that's good at least.

The route I ran is one I've done several times before, but normally I run it clockwise and today I decided to do it counter-clockwise. I think I like them both about the same, but felt good to mix things up a bit.

Was probably a bit overdressed today. I anticipated it being more windy on top of the ridge where the cow pastures don't offer any wind protection, but alas, it was quite calm up there.

After the run, I stopped by Harris Farms to pick up some milk and hamburger patties (all produced from the farm... better quality and buying local is the single best way to "stick it to the man".) Was sad to see the Nordic ski trails in worse shape than I thought. The pastures were only about 50% covered in snow, the rest exposed. The owner said in the woods there was still at least four inches hanging on though, so that's good. I hope it snows again soon!

Ran 10.7 miles @ 8:25/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast.
Asics GT-2140, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: