Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Orchard Run

Today we ran up to an apple orchard where we'll host our school's home cross country meet next week. It's a grueling, steep climb to the ridge where the orchard is located, and from there we ran most of the course, stopping several times to clear the paths of sticks and other debris courtesy of mother nature. Afterwards, a return trip down.

Plantar fasciitis was felt more today than yesterday, but still within the "minor" category. The shin splints were more prominent, but not a real concern.

Tomorrow will be a rest day as a precaution and good timing as it's open house at our school. Thursday is grad school, so I may have to run in the early morning. I'd like to avoid taking two days off in a row.

Ran 6.7 miles @ 8:39/mile pace.
Paved roads and technical trails.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 60s, overcast.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

5 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Hey Jamie - I'm back! So glad to read about WS!! Do you have The Stick? I had really bad shin splints when I was in CA and the Stick guy at the Disneyland Half expo showed me how to get rid of them. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes!!

Jamie Anderson said...

Hey George! I've heard of the stick... if my splints get too bad, I'll definitely look into it. Fortunately, splints have never really stuck around too long for me though. I suspect they'll be gone in a few weeks at the latest.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Jamie....Ya Stick or Tiger Tail are great just to help keep your legs fresh throughout the year...

Well WORTH IT.

I roll at least once a day.

and glad your fired up for WS next year.

Ms. V. said...

Great blog. What is it with you New Englanders? You're awesome runners!

I do the toe tapping for shin splints.

I to, have PF, so read up on your blog. What's with the skull?

UltraFlash said...

Glad to hear about Western States. Let me know if you need me to reapply as your pacer. I am there if you need me! Take care of yourself. Giving up a few days of running right now will pay dividends later! A couple days off never hurt anyone. Hell, I haven't run since Sunday (trying to keep the blood off the streets of Freeport). Having said that, my pants were a little tight this morning...