Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Home Meet

Our team's home cross country meet was today. Both teams did well, with the boys coming in second out of three and the girls third out of four against some tough competition. I continue to be impressed with their positive attitudes and love for the sport. Great kids!

The meet did run late, which thwarted my running plans. I ran the two miles up to the ridge to the meet, and had planned on running another five or six afterwards, but alas, I only had time for two more. I ran pretty much the same route back, enjoying a quick, downhill cruise back to the school.

Uphill: Ran 2.2 miles @ 8:50/mile pace.
Downill: Ran 2.0 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower 60s dropping to upper 50s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Speed Racer said...

Go team!!!