Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hitting the Hills

Cross country practice was a short one today, which afforded me plenty of time to get in my own run afterward. I took advantage of some major hills near the school. Plenty of long, grueling climbs made this workout a good one. Felt quite comfortable all around out there and was very pleased.

Garmin Forerunner 305 was finally sent in last week to get fixed. I should have it back in time for the MDI Marathon, which is great. I've been using my old Forerunner 201 in the meantime, and... well, let's just say I really miss the 305 and can't wait to get it back.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 7:52/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower 60s, mostly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

We do get addicted to those Garmin's don't we? I lost my HR function a month or so ago but I'm still alive and kicking despite the loss.

Grellan said...

Does the 205 have no HR monitor? That's a great pace for hills.

Jamie Anderson said...

Mike - yes, definitely!

Grellan - I think the 205 does have a HR monitor. I have the 201 and the 305.