Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Super Short

Today's run almost isn't even worth mentioning. Just ran the first and last leg of warm-up and cool downs with the XC team, and one 400m lap over hilly and technical terrain thrown in.

I've had a head cold the past few days. Yesterday it was at it's worst, today it's still present but much better. Probably wise I took yesterday off and today was easy. The PF has been very minor the past two days, almost not even noticeable. That's good.

Next two days don't look good for training. I have grad school tomorrow evening and we have a XC meet on Friday afternoon/evening. I could run in the mornings, but given the cold and waning PF I think it's probably wisest I don't run again until the weekend just to help the body along. Plus, this grad school class looks like my toughest one yet and I want to be awake for it. My straight 'A' streak will likely come to a halt if I don't keep on top of things. After this one, I have just two more classes and I'll have my Masters in Educational Leadership.

I really look forward to eventually getting my training back up. I don't think I'm too far off from that, perhaps this time it'll be for real. Good thing, as I'm starting to go a bit nuts.

Ran 1.6 miles @ ~7:20/mile pace average.
Paved roads and trails.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 60s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

mindy said...

No shame in backing off to focus on life for a little bit. Your body will thank you. Hope you're feeling better!

pathfinder said...

Sometimes it makes sense to listen to our bodies.....I have been struggling with the cold thing too.