Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Kind of Run I Needed

The head cold is gone and a very busy past couple of days are now behind me, which made this run feel great. With the recent rains, it was fun wading through the creeks and splashing through the mud. Also felt great to climb the hills and glide down on the descents. Perhaps best of all... no bugs.

The PF, while still present, hasn't been too bad lately. I felt it some towards the very end of the run, but it wasn't bad. I really think stretching the feet is helping. Something I haven't been doing which I should be doing is icing. I'm going to start that today. I'm hoping that combined with the continued stretching and taking NSAIDs will put it away for good.

Saw two forest rangers out while running and stopped to chat with them a bit. Very friendly guys.

Ran 7.4 miles @ 8:54/mile pace.
Trails and fire roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s, partly sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

If only the head cold took the PF with it when it left.

Glad you had the run you needed - we all need those now and again. Well, I'll take mine without the wading through creeks and splashing through the mud.