Sunday, September 14, 2008

Running for a Cure / Bradbury Bruiser

A day off for me, so I thought I'd use this time while I'm procrastinating doing some research for grad school to cover a couple of other running related items:

I'm asking any readers out there to check out Kelly's (wife of my good friend, Stephen) Team in Training Fundraising page and make a donation. She is raising money to fight blood-related cancer. Stephen himself is a cancer survivor, so this is a cause that is dear to both of them. She is running the Nike Women's Marathon next month, and she is pretty close to reaching her fund-raising goal. Please help her reach her goal if you are able to! Every little bit helps and the cause is a very worthy one.

--------------

Today was the Bradbury Bruiser 12-mile trail race. In the craziness of my life I forgot to give this race a plug earlier. I'm still adjusting from basically doing nothing but running and taking naps during the summer to teaching, coaching and grad school all at once. That's not a complaint, I'm enjoying all of it. It's just a matter of getting used to the new schedule.

But I digress.... the race went well. It rained throughout the race, but nobody complained. Things went very smooth, thanks to the race director, Ian. As many folks know, he really knows how to put on an awesome event. Everyone appeared to have a lot of fun, thanks to his efforts.

I had a lot of fun working the registration table and timing the finish line at the race. If you don't run a race, helping out at one is almost just as fun. It's always nice to give back to the running community, which has definitely given me a lot.

Big congrats to Emma for being the first woman in not just the race, but the entire three race series as well! Way to go Emma! :-)

1 comment:

UltraFlash said...

Thanks for the shout out on the fundraising. It is going well and Kelly is almost at her goal! Thanks a ton for your contribution. You are a good friend, J-rock!