Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Recovery Run/Inov-8 Debrisock 38

Went out with a co-worker today to hit some of the trails near the school. We sandwiched two technical sections before and after a much smoother old railroad bed. Legs still feel a bit sore from Sunday, but I felt much better today than I thought I would, even going longer than the five miles I had originally planned on doing. A good sign for sure. This was also the first time trail running for my friend Tom. He really enjoyed it.

Plan is still to take it easy this week. Will hit it harder next week, but probably not quite full force (long run at night still planned though). Then I'll begin my three week taper for the Western States. Man, it's so close now. Everything is looking pretty good though. Much of the hay is already in the barn. I'll outline a few more details on my gameplan for that race sometime this week.

Today's run also gave me a chance to test out the Inov-8 Debrisock 38 socks that were given to the 50-miler finishers last weekend. Basically they're socks with built in gaiters to keep out sand, rocks, and other debris. Pretty ingenious idea. They also felt very comfortable. They did feel pretty warm though, so I'm wondering if they'll still be okay on hotter days. A few more test runs will determine that. Regardless, definitely a great product.

Ran 7.4 miles @ 9:33/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 130/152
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Mid-upper 60s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Great race at Pineland Farms and best wishes for Western States.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats on Pineland!!

I agree - "Great finisher swag" plus ALE to go into the beer mug , looks like a 50 I may add to race lineup next year!

OK looks like you are at the 30 day WS window, ahhhh getting close now, huh!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nice recovery run...I dare not ask about the technical sections, though I am sure they were no less than 20% grade with at least 1,000' elevation gain:)

Those socks are pretty cool.