Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Plethora of Runners

Wow, we had a whopping 17 people at our trail run this morning at Pineland Farms! A lot of new faces along with the regulars, which was fantastic. I won't even try to list everyone's names, but it was a fun group.

Stephen and I, however, started off alone at 5am as the sun had already begun to rise and the light was plenty. We got in 10 miles before meeting up with the others at the parking lot at 7am. From their our mob headed out together on the trails but eventually spaced out.

James was also there, my friend that I'm pacing at the Massanutten 100 next weekend. Ran a lot of the second half of the run with him and Stephen, discussing race plans. I'm really looking forward to pacing James as much as if I was entering the race myself! He's going to do awesome, and it'll be fun doing my best to help him out. He wants me to be a drill sargent out there, so that's what he's going to get!

Ran 21.3 miles @ 9:02/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/169
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 40s to lower 50s, mostly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, Moeben sleeves (morning).


A plethora? :-)

1 comment:

UltraFlash said...

Great running with you this morning! It was a good time! You are gonna destroy the WS 100!