Friday, May 23, 2008

Pre-Race Jot

Just a quick two this evening. Legs feel well rested after last weekend, which is good. However, what can one really gauge in two measly miles?

Still, I suspect I'll do relatively well on Sunday for the 50-miler at Pineland. I have mixed feelings going into the race... Overall, I see it as a big stepping stone in training for next month's Western States. But I also view it more than just a training run, as I do care about my time somewhat. But I'm also not putting any real pressure on myself and there are no real goals that are worth stating. It will be a fun time though.

Ran 2.0 miles @ 8:02/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 152/165
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 50s, overcast.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Good Luck. Don't burn yourself out.

MB said...

Have fun at the race this w/e and keep up the training.