Thursday, May 08, 2008

One of Those Runs

Bathed in a chemical cocktail of sunscreen and bug repellent, I was out the door and on to the trails as the temperature climbed close to 80 degrees. I felt strong from the beginning and never let up. No doubt the result of a rest day yesterday and a very light day before that, combined with lowering the mileage lately as I'm in a light taper.

I cruised along the trails, dancing around and on top of the rocks with ease. The uphills seemed like mere speed bumps, and running the downhills felt like flying. It simply felt great. Was very happy with my pace given the technicality and hills of this route. And I wasn't even really pushing it.

Opted to leave the HR monitor off, since I was running shirtless and didn't want the strap soaked in a sweaty mix of bug dope and sunscreen.

Ran 7.5 miles @ 8:33/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, hat.

5 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Bathed in a chemical cocktail of sunscreen and bug repellent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL Chemical Cocktail !

Nice Run Jamie....just read ur post on pacing ur friend, that is different on 13 hours then u can pace. Going to be a great time !!

I forgot who told me but someone said they saw the google earth fly over of WS...did u see that link yet?

Olga said...

Jamie, have a great time at Mas100, and get your runner's butt in gear for the finish line high!

Jamie Anderson said...

Bob and Olga, thanks so much! Bob, yep, I saw it. It's on the Western States website. Really, really cool.

Love2Run said...

It's nice to get out with fresh legs isn't it? I like your planned buildup to WS which should have you primed for a great event. What about the altitude effects? Nice work!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Great run there Mountain Goat! Ah, so nice to have some decent wx here finally!