Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Different Kind of Recovery Run/Western States 100

Ran 2.9 miles @ 7:11/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 154/177
Paved roads.
Mostly Flat.
80 degrees, sunny.

Today was just a test to see how my mouth would hold up after getting my wisdom teeth yanked on Monday. All went well for the most part. I'm not in any real pain, just some discomfort, and that theme continued with the run but it was bearable. I was mostly nervous about my stitches erupting during the run due to the jostling and increased heart rate, but I only spit out a small trace of blood.

Legs, however, feel very rested and that relatively quick pace felt easy like Sunday morning. Looking forward to doing longer runs and getting the speed back up again.

Yesterday, I also threw my hat into the ring for the Western States 100. The lotto will be held on December 1st. Think good thoughts!

Happy running.

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

I have only one comment. Maineiac!

Runner NYC said...

Best of luck, Jamie!! "Watching" you get to and through the Vermont 100 after your surgery was amazing and I can't wait to do it again for Western States!! Fingers crossed for the buckle!

Blaine Moore said...

Good luck getting into Western States!