Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bugs? What Bugs?

Ran 7.4 miles @ 8:43/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/168
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, sunny.


Wow, no deer flies today! A very welcome and surprising treat. I've avoided the woods behind my house because they have been quite bad lately. But I figured I'd give the trails out back a shot this morning as I haven't run there in a while, and they simply weren't around. Nice.

Run itself was great. Yesterday's rainfall didn't leave things terribly muddy. Took the trail out to the fire road which goes up to the lake and then turns into true trails again. Found a tree that had fallen into the water and climbed out on it and sat and enjoyed the view for a few minutes before continuing along.

I continued uphill away from the lake and reached a trail junction. It looked as if I took the left turn it might join up with the fire road. Hmmmmmmm. I turned on my Garmin's navigation feature to see if the breadcrumb I left was indeed taking me in that direction. As I ran along, it became apparent that it did, and before long, voila, the fire road. From there, I headed back the way I came. Very enjoyable run.

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Jamie said: Wow, no deer flies today
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ahhh GOD truly has a sense of humor, He knows u are recovering from ur Wisdom teeth still and doesn't want U to chop down on some deer flies and open up a few stitches as u run the trails...but once ur healed LOOK out they will be back--haha

Good Run !!