Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bugs and Frogs

Last night it had gotten down to 37 degrees, and that cool air can only do one thing to the deer fly population: KILL! .... or at least send them hiding. I began my run in the late morning when the temperatures had warmed up to the mid-upper 60s, and they were still out but in very small numbers not a problem at all. Nice.

Run went well. Took the trails back to the lake where I walked out on a fallen tree over the water and sat and enjoyed the view for a while. I noticed green frogs in the water right below me, their heads poking just above the water and undeterred by my presence. Since they are cold blooded, perhaps their metabolisms were slower with the cooler temps lately. Normally they hop or swim away when I approach.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 8:37/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/169
Trails and fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid, upper 60s, sunny.

1 comment:

RunSueRun said...

Hey Jamie,

Glad you're having a great summer! My computer time is very limited these days, but I wanted to check in and say hi!

Yer bud,
Sue