Monday, October 22, 2012

Virus Redux

Started feeling a pretty moderate head cold last week. All I could think was thank goodness it didn't hit until after the marathon. The heat at Boston and the stomach flu at Sugarloaf were the result of horrible timing with the forces of nature, but this time it's nearly the opposite: got a head cold a few weeks before the marathon, it went away, and now that the race is over, it's back for a visit and stronger than before. Everything feel into place this time around, for which I'm grateful.

Unfortunately though, the head cold is moving to my lungs. That sucks because I reeeeeeeeeeally want to go for a run, even if it's just for a few miles. But eyes on the forest, not the trees. Now is a really good time to be sick, as far as running is concerned.

1 comment:

Judson Cake said...

Get some respir-all. Now foods makes it. Should help keep your lungs clear. I use it during allergy season and it doesn't make you tired. Usually I'll have some on hand for post marathon sickness. Crazy how that happens.