Sunday, October 07, 2012

Running Weather Perfection

Does it get any better than this? Thanks to the cold front pushing through, the weather was perfect this morning. Around 45F/7C when I headed into the woods and it only warmed up to the lower 50s when I finished. Nice to keep the long sleeved shirt on comfortably throughout the run.

Ran in the woods out back. Trails were a little muddy in spots from all of the rain the last week(s) but all in all in great shape. It was awesome. Crisp, clean, cool air and colorful leaves. I was in heaven. 

Legs felt great. I mentioned yesterday that it's easier for me to keep my pace in check on the trails. That was true today. However, there is a section near the end that is on flat and fast fire roads and I had to remind myself to slow down a few times. My legs feel so full of springy energy right now and the temptation to let'er rip is hard to resist, but except for a two-mile portion on one of my runs next week, everything will have to be short and very easy. That'll be hard, but eyes on the prize. One week to go.

Ran 7.2 miles @ 9:31/mile pace. 
Technical trails, some fire roads. 
Very hilly. 
Mid 40s to lower 50s, sunny. 
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt. 

1 comment:

mindy said...

Hay. Barn. Jamie. Kickass. MDI. Lightning feet.