Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tune Up

Another raw autumn day today and my workout coincided well with the cross country team's run. They were running LSD on the local trails and I used a one mile loop on paved trails that would enable me to check up on them while doing my own prescribed workout.

Ran a mile to warm-up, two miles at tempo (6:32, 6:29) and a mile to cool down. With temps in the lower 50s and a light rain falling, a mile to warm-up would normally not be enough but I didn't want to do more than four. Went well all the same, fortunately.

Another four miles tomorrow but all at a legit easy pace. All systems go for Sunday. Ready to throw down and leave everything on the course.

Ran 4.0 miles @ 7:23/mile pace.
Paved trails.
Flat.
Lower 50s, overcast, light rain.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

pathfinder said...

Jamie,
You seem pretty darn ready....

unstrung said...

is it too early for me to start sending you good energy and vibes for a great race?

Jamie Anderson said...

Never too early. Thanks Xar and Kevin!