Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Small Shakedown

Allowed myself a couple of miles today, broken up in two parts: joined the cross country team for part of their warm-up and then I got in a short run on the trails afterwards.

Legs feel surprisingly great. Even the day after the marathon, I was surprised at how well my legs absorbed the race. Walking down stairs made the quads bark a little, but it was nothing that bad at all. I've never felt this good after a road marathon, despite it being a PR. Pretty sweet.

Still will be doing very light mileage until December. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a few weeks but after that I'm going to start going nuts, especially when cross country season ends. However, I'll still do everything I can to adhere to not doing too much to give the body a break. If I can remain patient then I'll just be all the more motivated for Boston when the time comes to start ramping things up.

Speaking of which, I've already been bouncing off some thoughts with a few friends for training ideas. I know I'm responding really well to longer tempo runs but I'd like to do more milage as well and also be more consistant. Sub-3 seems closer to reality now, but it'll only happen if I'm smart and work my arse off.

Ran 2.0 miles @ 9:30/mile pace.
Mix of roads and trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, sunny.
New Balance MT100, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Judson Cake said...

On a easier course you'll run 10-15 minutes faster

Annie said...

Jamie, love that your Boston countdown is already showing!