Thursday, October 04, 2012

More Rain

Really low mileage so far this week, even for a taper, so I allowed myself a little more speed today. Nothing crazy, just five miles with one mile to warm up, three miles tempo (6:44, 6:30, 6:32) and a mile to cool down. Felt great to get the legs moving. Quite enjoyable.

Another cool, rainy day today. For some reason, a hunch was telling me to keep the warm-up pants on throughout the run. A little over two miles into the run, I was beginning to think that hunch was stupid. It was around 60 degrees out... ample weather for shorts. I tend to trust my hunches since the results are usually favorable, but today was one of those anomalies.

Sun tomorrow, but more rain this weekend. I like it. The overcast skies contrasted with the bright colored leaves of fall really make for some awesome scenery. This is truly the best time of year to run.

Probably will take tomorrow off. Have to be in Lewiston for work and then we have a meet in Windham in the afternoon. If I wasn't in a taper, I'd try to squeeze something in but I'm not going to stress about it.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 6:58/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Around 60 degrees, overcast, raining.
Saucony Kinvara 3, long pants, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: