Friday, May 13, 2011

The Yellow Dart Lives

Big ups to my buddy Pete, husband of the infamous Mindy, for helping me replace the rear wheel on my mountain bike and adjust the rear brake rotor this afternoon. The Yellow Dart is now riding good as new.

But being that it's a dirt jumper (Specialized P.2) that I mostly ride cross country, along with my inexperience, I'm a bit slow on the trails, especially really technical ones like we hit today near Pete's house. Was a challenge to keep up with him as he is very proficient, but fortunately he's also a patient guy and waited for me to catch up on several occasions.

Was a lot of fun today. I really like mountain biking. Not as much as trail running, but it's still a blast, and also really great cross training. Looking forward to incorporating it into my training here and there this spring/summer.

Mountain Biked 4.1 miles @ 5.7 mph.
Technical trails.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 50s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: