Saturday, May 07, 2011

Craptastic Run at Pineland

Met up with the group at Pineland Farms, but due to a biobreak a mile or so into the run, I lost the group and was never able to catch back up. Legs felt heavy and simply no pep in my step. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I attribute it in large part to a lack of sleep, but also a pretty piss-poor diet lately.

Finished up the loop on the Campus side and abandoned plans to do the Oak Hill loop side. I did swing by Trader Joe's on the way home though, and stocked up on health food. Managed to beat most of the Saturday crowds there as well.

Ran 7.9 miles @ 9:08/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 50s, sunny.
Merrell Trail Gloves, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

middle.professor said...

Well it was good to run with you for a mile at least. You were probably just around the bend for the last 6 miles but just far enough not to see us and motivate you to catch up. You came in about 3 minutes after the group.

Jamie Anderson said...

I think my pitstop took slightly longer, so I guess I was slowly making ground, but couldn't get it in the next gear. I could hear and see you guys at times though.