Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Recovery Thoughts

I had planned on five miles at an easy 8:00-8:15/mile pace today, but despite reminding myself to put on the brakes on several occasions, I still wound up with 7:45/mile. A bit faster than I should have gone, but that's okay. I'm just taking it as a good sign that my legs could finally be starting to come around. It's pretty normal for me to be a bit slow in recovering from bigger races (especially road marathons) compared to others, so par for the course I suppose.

So two days in a row where I can honestly say I felt pretty great, and hopefully the good mojo will continue for the Back Cove 5K race tomorrow. But the nice thing about 5Ks is that if they don't go well, recovery is typically only a few days and you're good to go again. Not sure of my goals tomorrow, as I'm not anticipating a PR (19:05), but I'd consider it a failure if I don't break 20. So, I guess anywhere in between there is realistic.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 50s, overcast, misty, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: