Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recovery Run and Pineland Farms Goals

Ran barefoot on the local soccer fields this morning to loosen things up following yesterday's long run. Felt good, though it was a bit chilly with temps in the upper 40s while either mist or a light rain fell throughout. I felt comfortable once warmed up though.

Not much more to be done now for the Pineland Farms 50-miler in two weeks. Steady taper down to race day, which feels a bit odd since the training hasn't been intense since Boston last month, which was on purpose. 

Goals for Pineland? To be perfectly honest, I'm not taking this race too seriously. I'm kind of burnt out on the "I have to do this" mentality I possessed with the MDI and Boston Marathons. I just want to have fun. That being said, I'm going to push to do well and try to break eight hours (a reach goal), but I really don't care if I don't end up coming even close to that. Just going to let the chips fall where they lie and be content with whatever happens. Looking forward to it! 

Ran 4.2 miles @ 9:06/mile pace. 
Grassy fields. 
Flat. 
Upper 40s, overcast, mist and light rain throughout. 
Barefoot, shorts, long sleeved shirt. 


1 comment:

Scout said...

Sounds like a good attitude : )