Saturday, May 14, 2011

Long Run at Pineland Farms

Had a great long run this morning at Pineland Farms. Quite a few of us there today, doing various distances and paces, but Jeremy, George, Joe and I stuck together and did the full twenty.

We all enjoyed some friendly banter while pushing the pace a bit for the first 12 miles. After that, we agreed to chill a bit and walk more of the uphills for the last eight miles, which we did. Felt really strong overall today. Well, up into the last two or three miles anyway. At that point, the legs were just pretty tired and the pace lagged a bit, but no biggie.

So, the 50-miler is two weeks from tomorrow. I'd say I'm on track to where I want to be. The long run on the course today was a good tune-up, and I guess I'm tapering now. No real structure to it this time around, just will play it by ear while being mindful of not overdoing anything.

Ran 20.1 miles @ 9:18/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower to upper 50s, overcast.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: