Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yasso 800s: Round Two

Second time doing Yasso 800s, so I tacked on an extra rep for five total with 3:00-3:30 light running in between.  Tough, but necessary, workout.  Felt I did pretty well today, reaching my goal of not exceeding 3:15.

Hard to imagine that I'll build up to ten reps, twice of what I did today, and hold on to these split times, perhaps even lower them a bit.  But, I'll get there.  In fact, today's five reps felt easier overall than the four reps I did about two weeks ago, but that's no doubt simply because the rust is shaking off.

One mile warm-up on the track:  8:10/mile pace.

#1:  3:01 (bit fast)
#2:  3:02 (bit fast again)
#3:  3:15 (consciously held back a little)
#4:  3:09 (this felt right)
#5:  3:09 (ah, done)

Upper 70s, sunny.
Asics GT-2130, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

Ran a 1.3 mile cool down barefoot through the athletic fields afterwards.

1 comment:

Scout said...

Too fast for deer fly killing? Or too fast for deer flies?!