Sunday, June 06, 2010

Back Cove

Wasn't sure if I'd get today's run off.  A rest day probably would do some good, but I had to go to Portland to pick up the new front wheel for my mountain bike and if there was a break in the weather, I'd consider hitting the Back Cove for a run.

Just a light rain after I got the wheel, and I was also itching to run, so the plan was a go.  Ran in the Vibram Five Finger Sprints.  I told myself to take it easy, but the pace somehow crept up a little higher than it should have.  I ended up going 8:12/mile overall.  However, it felt fine.

Will not run tomorrow.  Though each run the past several days has been short, it's probably a good idea to still give the foot a rest, even if there are no red or yellow flags.  However, may bike commute to work tomorrow.

Ran 3.6 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
Well groomed trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, overcast, light rain.
VFF Sprints, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


Grellan said...

Looking good Jamie. The VFFs are workingout very well.

pathfinder said...

Hey I was there (at back bay) yesterday, ran three loops. Guess we didn't cross paths.