Sunday, June 06, 2010

Back Cove

Wasn't sure if I'd get today's run off.  A rest day probably would do some good, but I had to go to Portland to pick up the new front wheel for my mountain bike and if there was a break in the weather, I'd consider hitting the Back Cove for a run.

Just a light rain after I got the wheel, and I was also itching to run, so the plan was a go.  Ran in the Vibram Five Finger Sprints.  I told myself to take it easy, but the pace somehow crept up a little higher than it should have.  I ended up going 8:12/mile overall.  However, it felt fine.

Will not run tomorrow.  Though each run the past several days has been short, it's probably a good idea to still give the foot a rest, even if there are no red or yellow flags.  However, may bike commute to work tomorrow.

Ran 3.6 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
Well groomed trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, overcast, light rain.
VFF Sprints, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Grellan said...

Looking good Jamie. The VFFs are workingout very well.

pathfinder said...

Hey I was there (at back bay) yesterday, ran three loops. Guess we didn't cross paths.