Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Bike and a Run

Got home from work, changed clothes, and did some last minute adjustments on the bum rear wheel on my bike before taking it out.  I think I have it to where it'll survive for at least a few more weeks, but I plan on getting a new one before then.



Did the eight mile loop in the woods behind my house.  Ride went well.  Didn't really hammer too hard as my legs are pretty sore from the workouts this week, but I hardly made the ride a cakewalk at the same time.  Some grueling climbs on this course, and some fun technical downhills.  Also had fun launching off roots and rocks when I wasn't bunnyhopping over them.

Mountain biked 8.1 miles @ ~9.0 mph/avg (~25.0 mph/max)  Forgot to restart the Garmin at one point, and lost a few miles of data.
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, overcast, breezy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

Came home, changed and headed down to the local high school for a barefoot run on the athletic fields.  Not gonna lie, legs felt pretty heavy, especially at first, but it did get better as the run went on.  Got in four miles and was satisfied with that.

Muscles are quite sore, but it's a good sore.  Rest day tomorrow though.  Happy with how the workouts are progressing.  Rust is coming off nicely.  Good to be injury free again.

Ran 4.1 miles @ 8:47/mile pace.
Grassy fields.
Very flat.
Mid 60s, overcast, breezy.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: