Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mill of the Tread

It was pretty dreary all day today with a cold rain falling all day, so I figured it was a good opportunity to take advantage of my student privileges at the University of Southern Maine and use the gym's treadmill.

I haven't run on a treadmill in six years, so it took some getting used to. I didn't find it very exciting or fulfilling. Still, a good option when in a pinch. I should have thought of utilizing this option over the past few winters during the really bad weather days. Too bad I graduate this December and will lose access.

Foot felt much better. I'd say it's about 50% recovered from the other day, and today's run didn't aggravate it. The heal lift won't be forgotten again, that's for sure.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 8:20/mile pace overall. 7:54/mile pace the last four miles.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Treadmill.
2.5% grade.
Indoors.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

RunSueRun said...

Treadmills... yuck. I sold mine in VT before moving to CA!

Nice to see you're training is going so well. :)