Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mt. Agamenticus

Fortunately, an after school meeting didn't take very long and I still had plenty of time to head down to Mt. Agamenticus for a trail run. I ran the three mile loop three times. The route basically has one mile of super steep climbing, one mile of technical downhills on fun switchbacks, and another mile of downhill dirt roads. Good variety.

Energy wise and everything else, I felt great. However, I still made a point not to push too hard (which is not to say this run was still easy). Reason being is I'm planning a high mileage week next week so I'm somewhat taking things easy the latter half of this week.

Ran 9.0 miles @ 10:38/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 136/165
Trails and dirt roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower 50s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.


1 comment:

middle.professor said...

Good stuff. That is steep. The climbs on Blackstrap Heaven will be much shorter and less steep, so a walk on the beach by comparison. I'll post the course map later today.