Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Short Progression

Five miles on the agenda for today, with the goal of keeping the pace under 8:00/mile. Did well under that, but it felt right, so be it. Would like to continue to do a faster run about once a week, but eventually over a bit of a longer distance, contingent on how long the long runs on the weekends are.

Mile splits:

1 - 7:48
2 - 7:22
3 - 7:20
4 - 7:13
5 - 6:35

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:16/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 155/171
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 40s, mostly cloudy, breezy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

With your endurance, your MP is probably under 7:00. Good to see the progression run!

MB said...

nice progression Jamie

Thomas said...

That's a nice progression, though I'm not sure I agree with Andrew on the sub-7:00 marathon pace. Still, a very good effort.

Jamie Anderson said...

Yeah, sub-7 is definitely out of my league, but I appreciate the vote of confidence. I think if I trained specifically for a marathon, I could realistically hit 7:15-7:30, but talk is cheap.

pathfinder said...

Even 7:13-7:30 marathon pace is out of my thought range....but for you jamie, I have no doubt you can accomplish it.

I did once run a half at that pace though.