Sunday, April 26, 2009

101.2 Miles for the Week

I know this sounds dorky, but I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. I was really looking forward to a short run to get me over 100 miles for the week. Aside from the two 100-mile races I've done, I have never had a 100 mile week before in training.

What I'm most happy with is how comfortably I did it. Splitting up two of the days into doubles and taking it slow on yesterday's 30-miler really helped a lot. And while yesterday's run was at a comfortable crawl, I'm happy knowing I got in some faster runs during the week as well. Nothing close to tempo-pace, but still at least at my easy pace.

While I did feel a little creaky after waking up this morning, that soon dissipated and I took off to run three miles and did it very comfortably. I honestly felt great. I'm tempted to get in another high mileage week next week but will stick to my plan of backing off a bit to rest up for what's ahead starting mid-May.

Ran 3.0 miles @ 8:08/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Shorts.

Weekly total = 101.2 miles
M - 12.5
T - 5.1
W - 22.0 (double, 9 + 13)
H - 20.0 (double, 15.3 + 4.7)
F - 8.2
S - 30.4
S - 3.0

7 comments:

mindy said...

Century!!! Congrats! You're going to slay WS100.

Blaine Moore said...

Nice work!

Luc said...

Wow, nice work. It's great to hear you running healthy again! Summer is coming!

middle.professor said...

Nice to cap it off with an easy 3. Awesome.

Thomas said...

That's some serious mileage, but with your history it was always clear that you would be able to handle it fairly comfortably. Cool stuff.

Damon said...

Jamie, that's an awesome training week. And just a few weeks ago, it seems, you were about to give up on WS.

My longest training week ever was 94 miles and that was for a road marathon. I rarely go above 80 for 100 milers. I'm glad to see things going so well for you these days.

bricey said...

happy christmas - nice century