Sunday, December 09, 2007

New Shoes, Big Fun

Yesterday I picked up a new pair of Asics GT-2120s, which I've had success with before. Long overdue for a new pair and man, what a noticeable difference. Huge, in fact. It was like there was a party in my shoes, and everyone was invited.

The pace, while not blazing, came easy, and the HR was about where I expected it to be. I had fun out there. Very enjoyable run.

Ran 9.7 miles @ 7:41/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 151/169
Paved roads with patches of iced slush.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 20s, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved tech shirt, reflective vest, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

I'm a fan of the Asics; I began wearing that line with the 2040s way back when. I bought 6 pairs total, 2 to start and then 4 when the 2050s came out. My next pair in that line were 2090s I think. Good shoes.

MB said...

just got two pairs of 2120s from DicksSportingGoods at $60 each

nice run with a good pace; keep it up

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

OKAY who wants my Asics GT-2120 ... size 11 1/2 less then 40 miles on them... for FREE.

They don't fit me good I need MORE of a Neutral fitting shoe. I have a high arch.

Really bumming on finding the perfect shoe....the search continues :-(