Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Degree Run

With a grant writing meeting that's anticipated to run long after work this afternoon along with more snow and freezing rain, an early morning run only made sense. Headed out at around 4:45am while it was just one degree out. Cold out there, but I was actually overdressed. Could have done without the fleece jacket under the Goretex shell, but not a big deal. Felt good out there. Fun to run in the middle of the street on the back roads, just because I can.

Snapped a quick self-portrait with my camera phone before I headed out. Tell me... does this picture make me look fat?


Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:47/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/169
Paved roads with patches of iced slush.
Slightly hilly.
One degree, clear skies.
Long pants, Goretex shell, fleece jacket, long sleeved tech shirt, short sleeved tech shirt, reflective vest, balaclava, beanie, mittens (I felt like Ralphie's little brother from "A Christmas Story").

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Welcome to my world.

Early morning running let's you tailor your distance by merely adjusting the start time.

Keep it up!

Michael Jay Dotson said...

You look like either a Nina commando or a school crossing guard that you don't want to mess with :)

I could use some of your dedication. I'd like to start getting in a few morning runs but I just can't seem get my butt in gear.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

YIKES!!!

ummm I had a good pool workout-lol

Stay warm Bro & becareful!

mindy said...

Killer pace for all that gear, darkness, and slippery slush! Hard core!

RunSueRun said...

Dang, you look like you're getting ready to rob a bank, Jamie! Out here it got to the low 60s today... and I was chilly! Teehee!

Grellan said...

You certainly look overdressed - for running. I'm surprised your clothing allowed you get the pace you got.

Olga said...

Dude, this picture makes you look fat AND scary! I'd be running faster if I met you on the road:)