Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Winter Solstice Eve Run

Ran 15.0 miles @ 7:49/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: Upper 30s, sunny, no wind.

Beautiful weather today made for great running. Seasonably cool out out and no wind as I headed out on my 15 mile course. The goal was to do this at a moderate pace, and overall I felt pretty good, especially in the later miles. The first half of this run is almost entirely uphill, but at a slight grade. By the time I reached the turnaround point my leg muscles were warmed up and I enjoyed the slight downhills. It's funny how on slight grades you notice the uphills, but those same stretches when going the other way seem flat.

Achilles did feel a little sore during this run, but only when I picked up the pace a little at mile 10 and hit that split at 7:15. I decided then to slow down and once I did it pretty much went away. I'm not terribly concerned about it, but will give it some ice and take some aspirin. As I'm typing this, it's barely noticeable.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Jamie, your mileage rocks! ANd I knwo what's you're saying about slight grades:) Funny, indeed.
You mean it's winter solstice tonite?