Monday, December 11, 2006

Bah

Ran 2.7 miles @ 7:33/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: Temps in upper 30s, overcast.

I cut today's run short because of... well... stomach issues. Not many woods to duck into on the route I was doing today from work.

To be perfectly honest, I'm also feeling a bit burned out at the moment. I suspect it's more from really having to rearrange my schedule over the past several days with splitting up my runs to do doubles because of work or grad school commitments. I need a few hours each day to simply relax and I haven't been getting that since mid-week last week. As a result, at times my training has seemed more like a part-time job, rather than fun.

I'll get over it though. I have grad school again Thursday afternoon, but other than that, there shouldn't be any other extraneous obstacles. As my required "me" time accumulates during the week, I suspect my mental batteries will be recharged.

1 comment:

Olga said...

I am always afraid to burn out metally more than physically. Take that break, man. But short:)