Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Running Until the Sun Goes Down

Ran 15.1 miles @ 7:59/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Weather: Upper 20s.

Got in a good workout today. It took a good while until I felt warmed up. The first five miles I felt stiff and my legs heavier than concrete. After that, I felt pretty good. Just pretty tired legs, which kept my pace down somewhat but still respectable for me. Splits were steady with little variation.

The cold and darkness were challenges, but that's to be expected in the winter. Thank goodness for headlamps. Good workout, and my third 15+ mile run in four days. Tomorrow I'm planning on 10 miles, and a rest day on Thursday.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

15 miles after work is admirable. When I first attempted the jump to 100 miles last August, I found myself running after work. I went straight to bed afterward!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I was thinking the same thing - 15 miles after work is admirable. Too many distractions for me, too many reasons to bag it, especially in winter. In the mornings, I find, I can get a 15 mile run in before the mind has the opportunity to fully understand what is going on.

Well done.