Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Squeeze Play

This afternoon got very busy and I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to run. I even completely forgot that Jeremy and I had tentatively planned to do some interval work together. He called and I was like dude, sorry, I forgot and no can do. I had written off running at that point, but I got more done in a faster amount of time and figured I had time for a quick five miler before Kate and I headed over to Portland for the Richard Blanco poetry reading this evening.

With franticness still dominating my mindset, it leached into my run. I set out fast without a warm-up, which is stupid, but fortunately no problems. Ended up with a progression run with splits of 6:55, 6:37, 6:34, 6:29 and 6:26. Last 3/10's of a mile at 6:21/mile pace.

Ran 5.3 miles @ 6:34/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

César Bobadilla said...

Great work today!