Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Gone Chooin'

Unexpected snow day today. No real complaints though. Strapped on the snowshoes and hit the woods out back for a great run this morning. 

Trails were packed and fast for the first few miles. Then, I turned on to an unbroken section of uphill. That was hard work and my heart rate was super jacked. I couldn't suck in the sweet, cool air fast enough. 

On the downhill, quite the opposite. The soft, unbroken snow was great fun to run down. I felt like I was running on the moon, taking long, leaping strides and landing softly without any jarring impact. 

Eventually met back up with the packed sections of snowmobile trails and made my way home. Great workout and a lot of fun. Now bring on the pancakes and more espresso. 

Worth noting this was my first time using the Nike Waffle Racers with the snowshoes. They seem to fit in better and it was even more comfortable, especially after I made some strap adjustments. I think these will be my go-to shoes for snowshoeing for now on. 

Snowshoe Ran 7.3 miles @ 10:17/mile pace. 
Trails, packed and fast except for a two mile unbroken section. 
Very hilly. 
Lower 30s, overcast, intermittent snow. 
Dion 121 snowshoes, Nike Waffle Racer VIII, warm-up pants, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves. 

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

someday....I am going to have a snow day off...in my dreams