Monday, February 11, 2013

Slushy Icy Slop

More snow today. Probably another inch or two, which was more than we were "supposed" to get. Then sleet. Then freezing rain. Perfect recipe for total slushy, icy, slippery crap on the roads.

I kept it safe by mostly doing loops around the school. I ventured out on some nearby streets for a bit, but didn't feel very safe so I headed back to the school and finished a few more laps to get me up to five miles. Very slick and I wish I had brought my YakTrax, but I just kept it slow so I'd stay upright.

Would have been easy to write off running today given it's the day after a race and the conditions flat out sucked; but I really wanted to run. Today probably didn't add much physically other than shaking the legs loose, but it added something mentally. Kind of nice to be able to go out in conditions like this and still have fun.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 10:03/mile pace.
Paved roads, coated in ice and slush.
Mostly flat.
Around 30 degrees, overcast, light freezing rain.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: