Saturday, January 12, 2013

Progression Run

I never got out for a run yesterday. Shear laziness. However, if there's a bright side, I was kicking myself hard over it. And though I'd hardly count it as any sort of real training, at least Kate and I did go out ice skating last night.

Zamboni. 
I looked to make up for it some today by putting the pedal down. I tackled a very hilly route and ended up with a true progression run, putting special emphasis on proper form on the downhills. Splits were 8:50, 8:22, 8:03, 7:51, 7:32, 7:29, 7:15, 6:44, 6:40 and for the last 7/10 of a mile I was at a 6:20/mile pace.

Went well. Everything felt fine. Only complication was I was a bit overdressed. Wearing a fleece pullover was really dumb, should have went with a single layer windbreaker, or just layered a few shirts.

Looking forward to putting the new mash tun to use later this afternoon to brew a batch of amber ale while watching the playoffs.



Ran 9.7 miles @ 7:33/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Around 40, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, beanie (shed), gloves.

No comments: