Saturday, January 19, 2013

Easy Niner

Pretty warm out in the late morning. Headed out for an easy paced nine miler. Pretty uneventful all and all. Kept it chilled out since I'm saving the legs for tomorrow's Bradbury Squall snowshoe race. Looking forward to it.

Goals for tomorrow...not sure. Because of the conditions the course is different than last year, so a goal of beating last year's time isn't really prudent.

So that leaves looking at placings. Depending on who shows up could also be variable. That also leaves looking at specific targets, but I honestly don't have anyone in mind I'd like to chase down, other than the guy in front of me, so that's what I'll do.

I'm revealing my cards here, but I run best when I set out reasonably fast but also set myself up so I have enough gas to pick people off, particularly in the last quarter to a half of a race. Hopefully that'll unfold tomorrow.

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid to upper 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 3, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

Judson Cake said...

Go get em tomorrow.