Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Meltday

35F/2C outside and misting pretty heavily this afternoon, yet it seriously felt tropical. Dare I say it also felt pretty pleasant out. Legs are sore from yesterday's race, but not overly so. Normally I'd take a rest day today, but I knew an easy five miler would help shake the legs loose (plus, I'm looking to give the weekly mileage a little push this week).

Went well. Slushy out, but the consistency wasn't very slippery so it felt pretty safe to run in as long as caution was warranted. Energy felt great. Looking forward to getting in a tempo run tomorrow.

Nice to come home and see my Dion Snowshoes arrived! Very stoked with them. It's the same model I raced in yesterday and at the Bradbury Blizzard last year. I really like the fact that not only are they solidly built and perform well, but they are manufactured here in New England (read: not China) and the company is super supportive of snowshoe racing not just locally, but elsewhere. No wonder they're such a popular choice. Dion Snowshoes rock.

Dion Model 121, quick release bindings, ice cleats. 
Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
Paved roads, slush and puddles.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast, misting.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Loved your race report. All I can say is wow! Great placing and it looked liked fun. Looking forward to seeing that tempo workout.

Miriam @ Sometimes Sporty said...

You receiving you snowshoes is probably why we got this horrid January thaw.

What I love most about the Dion snowshoes is that they are modular. If something breaks you can order the missing part and replace it yourself. When my atlas snowshoes broke I was without snowshoes for 3 or 4 weeks (that's a good portion of the winter)

Jeremy Bonnett said...

I like how your Dion's look like they're from the wild west!