Sunday, January 29, 2012

Capping Off a Solid Week

Today's recovery run brought me to 71.4 miles for the week. Pretty happy with that. Quality workouts as well. I wouldn't call it perfect though. Would feel a little better if maybe I could have worked in four or fives at tempo pace into Thursday's run, but all in all not bad.

Recap:
M - 5.0 easy
T - 12.7 tempo
W - 7.0 recovery
H - 12.4 moderate
F - 5.2 easy
S - 20.9 long w/ hill repeats
S - 8.2 recovery

Total = 71.4 miles

Not planning on a duplicate for the upcoming week, given the Mid-Winter 10-Mile Classic is on Sunday. I'd like to do well with that and race it hard, so maybe looking at a 45-50 mile week. The race will serve as my main hard and fast workout, but would like to work in a shorter tempo run maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ran 8.2 miles @ 8:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Around 40 degrees, sunny, breezy.
Brooks Mach 13, long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on). Was overdressed.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

A very solid week. Great job. Are you feeling what MP should be yet? Zeroing in on the target?

Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks Andrew. I don't know, I think it's too early to tell. I think I can knock off at least five minutes off my PR (3:12:09) at Boston, possibly even more. Talk is cheap though, I'll just keep pushing hard and we'll see how it pays off.